Sunday, May 25, 2008

Just finished...


The Twilight CRAZE!! If you haven't heard about this book, well...you must have been on Mars for a while. EVERYONE has been talking about it. I resisted reading it at first. I couldn't understand why everyone kept talking about this series...I mean, what can be so great about a book about Vampires? Wouldn't it be cheesy? Would it be scary? (I'm sort of a big wimp)
Well, Chad got it for me for my birthday and after four days of ignoring all of the responsibilities that I could (like dishes and laundry), I finished. I have to say that i really liked it. I'm not obsessed, but it was entertaining and kept me reading. I just wish Edward (the Vampire Hunk of the book) wasn't so pale. I know his pale description fit his character, but I just had a hard time believing he was as beautiful as he was supposed to be...If he was tan, I'd think he was a babe, but PALE???....Why
I need to get the next book (New Moon)but i think I'll wait a a week so Chad doesn't hate me...I'm not very social when my nose is stuck in a book.

8 comments:

raw mom said...

i felt the same way when i got the first one...i think i looked at it for a few weeks li ke,"am i really going to read a book about vampires...so lame." but oh my heavens, child! how can you NOT be obsessed? i , along with the other fifty friends i know that read them, have all ignored our responsibilities, too!
how nice to think of of nothing but reading for a change! keep reading, the second gets a bit irratating at some points but only because you get so invested in the relationships, and then the third ...shoot. i LOVE edward! and andy is SO okay with it, too! i have the others if you want to borrow them!

Amanda said...

I have already finished all three and I can't wait till August for the 4th one to come out. I just saw the preview for the movie! I am addicted!!!

Korbi said...

addicred is un understatement. :) not that I am bragging, I am really not that fast of a reader, but I read all 3 in a week and a half, I don't think that I slept and my hubby is dreading when the 4th comes out because he won't see me again or be able to talk to me until I finish it... :) read it Rachel, read em all. :)

Korbi said...

oh! and Happy Birthday to you! :) glad you had fun. Tell Chad that the first fish that I caught I buried it because I felt so bad, it died before I threw it back in. I buried it in a bucket of water thinking that it might be happier. Now take into account that I was only 6 yrs sold. :)

Em said...

Hey rach that book as well as blogs are addicting. So much fun! I read all 3 in a couple of weeks! Can't wait for the movie! Hope your birthday was great! Love ya
Em

Ricki said...

Have you seen the trailer for the movie yet? You can see it on Youtube if you haven't! So, December 12, is when the movie comes out and I hope your in on the "Girls night out", to see the movie! I can't wait!

anne said...

At first I didn't understand why everyone loved the book so much. I read the first one and I'll admit, I was intrigued. The second book was just annoying until the end and the third book I absolutely LOVED! I can't wait for the movie and the 4th book. :) Let me know how you like the 2nd one.

Veronica said...

I still haven't had a chance to read these...but everyone has convinced me I should!