Monday, June 16, 2008

Ode to Dads


Chad likes a few things...he likes a bowl of cereal before bed, he likes to make up his own words to songs, and he really likes a good nap, but he LOVES being a daddy!

Here are just a few reasons why Chad is a GREAT dad...
*He is so cautious and careful with Bridger. Especially when he was tiny, it use to take Chad a LONG time to change a diaper or get him dressed...we was so careful. The first time he gave him a bath i thought he'd need a Gatorade to replenish his fluids because of how bad he was sweating! Even now he is usually the one with the motherly instincts.
*He Loves to play with Bridger, and Bridger Loves to play with him. When Chad gets home from work or school... Bridger just squeals and giggles and heads for the door to meet him. Not a day goes by where chad doesn't wrestle or play with Bridger.
*Chad loves to help with Bridger. Every night Chad is there helping with the bedtime routine of prayers and reading to Bridger before bed. He is always good to recognize when I need a break and he just takes over.
*Chad has a unique way of holding Bridger. People usually tease him about it because it looks so funny. Like he's holding a football or something. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If not...just watch next time you see him.

I am so thankful that Chad is the loving, and devoted Father that he is. Happy Father's Day babe!

8 comments:

Ricki said...

Hey rachel! What a great dad Chad is! We are running in that midnight 5K on friday night, call me if you are interested!

Traci said...

I am so happy that you found me!!!! Your little boy is so stinkin adorable. And what cute parents you two make! We are in Lehi still and will prob never leave. We live pretty close to Chad's parents. Where are you?

Well I am adding you to my bloggers so I can keep up on your cute family!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

It seems like I haven't seen or talked to your FOREVER! I guess that is what sick children do to me, I become a hermit in my home. Boston is on the road to recovery but now PHoenix got what Boston had...So I am still on pause for at least a few more days. I wish I could get decent sleep again. Hopefully soon!

Raquel said...

Cute pics! Sounds like he is a great dad!

Heather and Trevor said...

What a cute post! It is nice to read about other dad's and know that they all are wonderful in their own way. :) THanks again for your help today! I totally owe you! :)

raw mom said...

a bowl of cereal before bed...that's funny...and i can totally see him taking his time getting him dressed and changed...dad's are great like that! happy fathers day, chad

West's said...

Hey Rachel this is Tara! I found you on Teresa Dunlop's blog! I love your blog it's way cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
This is Jana(Oler)... I went to high school with you guys. I'm not sure if you remember me but I used to live right down the street from Chad in Jr high and high school(I found you through Traci's blog).
I didn't know you two got married! It looks like you guys have a really cute little family.