Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Campout

Photobucket Bridger's First Campout!!!! He's speechless.
We got together with our friends the Halls and the Stubbs for a Father's day campout this year. It was a surprise to our Husbands, so we (sara, kayla, and I) planned and packed and got everything ready(holy cow...I had no idea how much STUFF you need to camp for 1 night), and Chad found out about it a few hours before we took off! Luckily we have a lot of great camping options really close to where we live. We camped out at Snow Canyon State Park (Bathrooms and Showers oh Yes). We got there, set up camp, grilled some good grub, and had a great time. The weather was PERFECT! After the sun went down over the mountain, we took the kids to the Sand Dunes there and Bridger had a blast. I thought he's get all whiny in the sand, but he was practically swimming in it! It was all in his nose and mouth...he didn't even care!
Photobucket
Photobucket The Dads and their Babies
Photobucket
The Boys getting ready for the long/high jump Olympic team trials
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket The Moms.

The Campout was a success except ...Bridger woke up at 5:00 am (FOR GOOD)! So we let him roam around the tent sqwaking until the rest of us (and probably everyone else camping at Snow Canyon) decided it was time to get up, clean up camp, and head home!

15 comments:

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

How fun is that? That is so cute that you guys decided to that. What a good FAther's Day tradition. I love it. My favorite is the picture with the dads and the babies. PRiceless.

Renee said...

I am jellious. I want to go camping sometime. Anyway, How did your Tri. go? Hope to see you soon.

Unknown said...

Yea I am glad you had fun. I always think it is silly to pack up your whole house to sleep outside- oh well. I love the picture of the dads that is the cutest!!

Hall Family said...

Ya I heard about this campout..I heard it was so awesome especially the photography. It looks like the best one ever.

Tina said...

Your family is so cute Rachel!!!

Traci said...

I am not a camper at all, but that looks like fun! What a fun surprise for the Daddy's!

Kent and Heidi said...

I love the "speechless" picture of Bridger! I am still laughing!

Misty said...

Rachel & Chad, it's Misty....umm, Chad will probably remember me the best because we lived next door for about 15 years. I found your blog through Rachel's and I hope you don't mind I added you to my blogroll. Your family is so cute. Take care, Misty. New Blog - http://www.toddandmisty.blogspot.com/ Old Blog - http://toddmistybarry.wordpress.com/

Rachael said...

That looked like so much fun. Kids are so fun and great. But alot of work. Worth every minute. It is so fun to see kids camping because they always love it. Your son is so cute and looks alot like you both.

Ricki said...

That looks so fun! I am dying to take my kids camping this year, we are just having a hard time finding a weekend to go!

Amanda said...

He is the cutest! I love the speechless face! I hope I get to see you guys this weekend!

Joel and Kristie said...

That first pix is sooo hilarious!! It really looks like he's at a lose for words!! What a FUN camping trip!

Raquel said...

That sounded and looked like so much fun! I love all the pictures!

Cami said...

looks like soooo much fun! That family shot of the 3 of you is so cute. YOu all look so much a like!

Anonymous said...

you are a great wife and momma....you and Chad really are a great couple. I always thought chad was the kindest and most humble guy in school and I thought the exact same of you....perfect match.