Thursday, June 5, 2008

German Pankakes

Ok, does anyone else do this?
I find something that i like to eat...and i go crazy with it...eat it all the time, everyday for a few weeks sometimes...then i get sick of it and don't make it again or eat it again for like a year!

Well about a year ago, I was on a HUGE German Pancake kick! I really made them just about every day. Then I went through the cycle of being sick of them and forgetting they even existed, and now I've come full circle and...I LOVE them again. I've heard of many "very bad for you" versions where the recipes call for butter or whipping cream, so i thought i'd share my "not SO bad for you" and SUPER easy and FAST recipe.

Preheat oven to 425

Blend in a blender...
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
optional- 1 tsp vanilla and dash of nutmeg (i like)

Spray muffin/cupcake pan(the ones that make 12 spots) with PAM
pour batter evenly into the 12 spot, put in oven and bake till they get puffy and golden brown on top. Usually about 25 min.
Eat them right away cuz they are best warm right from the oven. I put bananas and berries on mine with a little powdered sugar. Chad likes his with maple syrup and/or PJ& J (weird...i don't recommend it) But they are also good with fruit and yogurt, or just butter and powdered sugar. I know most German pancakes are made in a different pan, but i like mine this way because they are like small personal puffs of goodness...and If i don't eat them all right away, i can save them for later! They are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I hope they bring you as much joy and satisfaction as they have brought to me!

5 comments:

Sinclair-Hall's said...

I am going to try these. they sound really great. Steve has had them so I hope I can make them taste just as good.

Veronica said...

I do that all the time...make the same thing over and over or have Isaac make the same thing over and over....or even order the same thing every time I eat at a restaurant then Isaac will try something new and I'll taste his and it will become my new thing to order forever...it drives Isaac nuts cause I'll want to go out to the same place to eat every time we go out...

Westover Bunch said...

Call me crazy but I have never heard of this!!??! But I am sold it sounds so good, I am going to make it for MAtt on Fathers day!! Ill let you know how it goes!!

Ricki said...

Yum! I can't wait to make these! A lady that we used to live with made them all the time, and I loved them! Thanks for the recipe, now I can make them for my kids!

Joel and Kristie said...

These are my Families Fav, but I've only ever done them in a casserole dish, so now I'm going to do them in the cupcake pan like you! It sounds soooo fun!!