Monday, October 5, 2009

The Move

This post is intended to update me to the present and attempt to fill in some things I've yet to post about since our move to northern Utah. So I am calling this ...

The Move- the good, the bad, and the ugly
The Good- I have to say that this is the biggest category thankfully!
  • being close to family! I was WAY under-rating that one.
  • getting back to our country roots...the Farm, bridger gets to explore nature, room to roam, the cows & horses, ect. (see photos)
  • Our HOUSE!!!! is coming along nicely. We should be in by Dec 1st at the latest so get ready to come visit! I'll soon be posting pictures of the framed wood which will be our home.
  • Being able to let Bridger play outside at noon without overheating!
  • Trendy Tikes- is going so well! My neckties are being sold in a boutique in Pleasant Grove called "Bliss Boutique" and were featured on the show "Good Things Utah" last Tuesday. It was pretty cool seeing my stuff on TV and getting to watch the live taping!
  • Chad is loving school and is doing really well! He's over a big research project for weight loss in the city of Magna, is training the Swim Team for Judge Memorial High, and recently taught a class on American football to about 45 Japanese students...all the while keeping up with his ph.d classes, and finishing his master's thesis...whew!
  • and the best news...I'm Pregnant! due in April, I'm about 11 weeks!

The Bad-

  • I'm sick...barfing, nauseous, depressed because I'm always barfing...you know...
  • Chad is so busy with school, we don't get to see him much(as was expected)
  • We are not social anymore...I stay close to the barf bowl, Chad stays close to his books, and so we don't get out much
  • we miss all our southern Utah friends
  • WINTER IS COMING!

The Ugly-

  • me...white, chubby, always in sweats
  • Chad's work farm work pants...see photo below
  • WINTER IS COMING!

Good Things Utah! The cast, me, and the two models wearing my ties!

The Ugly- Check out those work pants!! "Floods a comin!"


Bridger and his friend the caterpillar...who was almost squashed to death so we had to let him go.

19 comments:

Christina Olson said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!! How exciting! I love your Trendy tikes website and I plan on ordering ties in the future if I have a boy!

Westover Bunch said...

Oh my goodness you are amazing, I cant believe your ties were on T.V. and you didnt tell me!! I am so sorry you have been so sick, no fun, but hopefully it wont be to too long!! Miss ya!

Elise said...

Aah! Rachel! Congratulations! Suddenly your wacky dream about me running a zoo is not so wacky. I always have crazy dreams when I'm pregnant. (That, and I think I DO run a zoo.) So much good news! I'm DYING here because my internet (or, I should say, my neighbor's internet that I am stealing because I'm too lazy to walk twenty steps into my room) is so slow that I can't see the picture of Chad's pants! Drat!! You are amazing, Rachel.
P.S. Don't forget to keep a barf bag in your car for the Walmart parking lot.

Ricki said...

I totally forgot about your ties being on TV! I am sorry I missed that one!!!! They are so cute! I think I need to order another one!!! I can't believe you are pregnant, so exciting!!!!! I miss you guys so much! You better watch out for the "come and visit" offer, we will be there in a second, well, maybe a few hours but you know what I mean!! Come visit when you get too cold, Time out for women is coming, we want you to come too!!!

Korbi said...

Congrats on the prgoness! Whoo to Fat pants! :) Best wishes with the Trendy Tikes as well...

Reid and Brittney said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure. Congrats on being pregnant, that is so awesome. I am sorry you are sick though, never fun. Hang in there, and hopefully the sickness will be over soon. I really need to order some ties for my boys, I will check out the site.

Kendra said...

Oh how fun....HOw did you get your Ties on there...you are so famous...that is one of my favorite show!!! Congrats on being pregnant!! WE miss you guys also. But we are going to take you up on the come visit part next year to let maddie come see your horses, she would love that. I want to order 3 ties soon for the fall. I will just call you!!

Renee said...

You and Chad inspire me. Sounds like you are so busy but you have been very blessed. We miss you guys and hope all is well there. Congrats on the new little one coming soon. Love the rymers

Ford Fam said...

Congrats on your little one! Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Kent and Heidi said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!! and I am so sorry about the nausea and barfing....I TOTALLY hear ya on that one. I keep thinking it can't last forever, but it has (I'm 13 weeks and it keeps getting worse).
I can't wait to see your new house!! Let me know and I can come and get Bridger to come and play. Luke would love that! But congats again!!

The Simmons' said...

Wow you are totally a TV star!! Bridger needs to come play with us. Call me on days when you are dying. Two is way more fun than one. If I cannot wait that long then I will call you in the next couple of days to see if he can come play.

Tawni & Dan said...

I'm so happy for you guys! So many exciting things happening for you. Congrats on the baby news! What a lucky baby to come into such an amazing family. Way to go with your new business! That is awesome. You are so talented and deserve all the success in the world.

Courtney said...

you're so funny, congrats on your pregnancy! I found out from Kayla. We're due at just about the same time so thats pretty exciting but I'm with ya on the feeling terrible. I haven't put makeup on or done my hair in 3 weeks, I know...pathetic but I have no motivation for anything and when all I do is puke all day, why waste the makeup. I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Rach you are amazing. I'm so happy for you and all your new changes. I will definitly come up to visit. I really miss you. I keep trying to text you to come on walks or craft night, It makes me sad. Sorry you're sick, SO glad you're pregnant. Keep updating. :)

danielandjamaica said...

Miss you... although I've been missing you even when you still lived here... :)
I'm SO excited that you are expecting. Mya's bday is in April.
txt me your new address so I can send you a Christmas card at least.
Won't it be fun in just a few years to look back on your life and see how crazy it was?
WARNING!: It just gets crazier!!

Hall Family said...

Rachel I'm not happy about the move, so I will NOT congradulate you on any of that nonsense, but I will say I loved seeing you eventhough it kills me youre sick. I HATE IT! I'm so proud of your ties they are the bomb. Do people still say the bomb? Sorry about Chad's work pants, sorry about winter, and congrats on pregnancy. We miss ya'll so much. Love you lots! rabarla

raw mom said...

OOOOOVE this post...love the pregnant part!! yayaya! love the tie pat!!! so cool! dont love the barfing part...sorry, babes...i feel your pain....and i'm loving the floods!!! hahaha! chad! what ARE you wearing! oxoxo

Heather and Trevor said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Guess what? We are expecting too! Due in May! I am so excited for you and so cool that we will be having babies a month apart! Yay! I love your website and ties and have sent a few friends with boys to your site. So congrats! I love good things Utah! So proud of you!

judd and ash said...

Hey Rachel, after I found you on facebook I found your blog too...I promise I am not stalking you:) What a cute family you have:) I added you to my blogger buddy list so we can keep in touch, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better...Yay!
Ashlie