Friday, August 28, 2009

Spin Class Victory!


When it comes to the kitchen, laundry, grocery shopping, or any other domestic talent... It's safe to say that I know more than Chad, but when it comes to the Gym or exercising- it is his domain and he is the expert. I admitted it... Chad knows WAY more than I do on the entire subject, always has and I suspect always will (or at least he always should because he is getting his PHD in it at the moment)
Well today I convinced Chad to attend his very first spin class after a few years of nagging. He's always rolling his eyes at my "classes", but after hearing me say what a butt kicker spin is, and after I told him that other guys go to it, he caved in a gave it a whirl. On our way there early this morning I mentioned to him that I'd help him get his bike set up correctly before we started class so he'd have a more comfortable ride. He looked at me with an annoyed expression and said..."I know how to fit myself to a bike"...har har har...
So we got to the class and we set up our bikes, I watched Chad fidget with his bike (knowing that it wasn't set up right) and then get on. Our instructor, Mike, asked if anyone was new to spin, Chad reluctantly raised his hand and I could tell he was just cringing as he came and had him dis-mount his bike so he could fit it properly. It was such a great "I Told You So" moment for me and the only "trust me...I know what I'm doing" moment that I've ever had at the Gym and probably ever will have!
Sweet victory!

11 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

You go girl! I had the same moment with Brad over yoga years ago.

Unknown said...

Love it!! We miss you guys- the girls were mad at me when they found out you had already moved and we never got down to say good-bye. Sorry about that- they will miss Britcher :) and "their" Rachel and Chad because my kids own everyone they know.

Elise said...

Excellent! I always feel like such a dork trying to fit my bike to myself in those classes. Now I feel like less of a dork. Thanks, Chad!

Ricki said...

I want to go to spin class with you! I will be right there!!! Just give me a few hours!!! I miss you guys and our talks and runs!!

Kendra said...

That is awesome!! It was the same way with Nate when we went :)

Cami said...

Love it!! There is just something about "i told you so". :)

Hall Family said...

So... tell the rest of the story! Did it in any way shape or form kick his buttocks?

Courtney said...

haha that's awesome, don't you love how pride gets in the way of these guys, good for you!

Westover Bunch said...

Oh my goodness spin class is sooo hard!! I remember the first time I went and they had to show me how to set up because when I got on the seat fell with me on it!!

Richins Family said...

hey rach :) i want to buy a tie! what do i need to do to go about it?

lamack said...

Chad, just going to the class was your first mistake. I ride to work every day but spin kills me. I have only done it once and that was enough. The woman instructor kicked my trash. Hey I need to talk to both of you two. I'll call you in the next day or so.
Lamon