Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thomas the Train


I'm not a big fan of "Character Clothes"...you know you aren't either. But when your kid is obsessed with something, you've got to give in and bite the tacky character clothes bullet. they are only kids once right?
Chad's Mom brought these home the other day and it was love at first sight for bridger!
He LOVES his new jamies...he won't take them off. After a huge fit I was able to peel them off his body...but he insisted that they remained attached to him somehow, so we resorted to tying the top around his shoulders like a sweater. Today I took him to the store like that, and I now have a new appreciation for my Mom. She had to deal with my My little Pony, Rainbow Bright, and Barbie phases. Thanks for letting me dress like a nerd Mom!

6 comments:

anne said...

Totally understand. My mom got Aliyah some Dora jammies. I hate them, but she loves them and has to wear them to bed every night. Don't worry, it's better when you can just buy them the underwear and then they can wear them ALL the time without people seeing them. :)

Ricki said...

Ohhhh! I miss his cute little face! And yours, for that matter! I totally miss you guys!!! It is time for a southern Utah vacation to see all of your friends?!!! You can stay here! Just come! We will even feed you with our trade!!! And BTW, I think character jammies are totally ok! It is the shoes with the lights and the thick velcro straps across that top that I draw the line at!!! ;)

Cami said...

Awesome! I love it. I hear ya about character clothing. I just broke down and bought my boys crocs. They are so ugly, but so functional and everytime their cousins come over they are putting on their shoes. But oh well they loooove them.
And Monday works for me, call me. And no i didn't take that pic of cohen.

Richins Family said...

he is so cute rach :) how are you guys doing? i miss you! hey i am going to order that orange and white tie on your other blog in a few weeks (waiting on loans...nice) i'm really excited!how is that going for you! i put your button on my blog! hope that's helped :)

Hall Family said...

Bridger looks so happy in the top picture like he won the battle, he also looks like the cutest geek i've ever seen. Why didn't you post the picture of him with it around his shoulders? Happy Birthday Bridger

Tawni & Dan said...

I'm SO in for the arranged marriage! I just adore that cute little Bridger. How many cows? Ha! We've got nothing to offer you but a crazy dog. I am so glad to see your blog! Maybe we can keep in touch better now :) I really miss you guys and hope to run into you guys soon!!! Love ya