Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Savoring the Season

I have a Love-Hate relationship with Fall. I love the smells and the soups I get to cook and the colors of Fall, but I cringe at the thought of what comes after it...WINTER! I hate winter so much that I take it out on Fall! I know, I know...If there were no winter then I wouldn't be able to appreciate the summer...no joy without sorrow...yada yada..I get it, I just think some people are built for different climates, and there is definitely a reason I live in a sunny and warm place!

That being said...I DID get to work on my relationship with Fall earlier this week when some friends invited me to go up to Springdale (right outside Zions) with all of our kids. And I have to say that it was very nice to be able to build positive memories. Thank you ricki and Gals!

You might think that taking all these kids to play in the leaves for a few hours would be a nightmare...(Maybe for the Mom's that had more than one kid to chase around it was)...but I thought it was a GREAT way to spend an afternoon!
(plus, I was desperate to get out of the house that day...We're doing the ONE car thing until we get the one that's broken fixed)
Bridger was a little bumbed that he couldn't ruin the big kid's pile of leaves...at least while they were looking that is.




11 comments:

Ashley said...

ashleybeck16@hotmail.com
Look forward to seeing the latest and greatest from the Smith's :)

Elise said...

That looks like fun-- cute pictures! I love the one of Bridger in the...is that a rusty truck bed? I don't know but it's cute.

Unknown said...

I don't like you. no one says eeww about kissing me and gets away with it. i'm going to persuade kayla to a new best friend...i have the power

Amanda said...

He looks so cute in those pictures!

barbara beck said...

I miss the fall with all my heart! sweaters, colors, hot chocolate, holidays! Bridger is getting so big! Does he even know TY?

Ricki said...

I have some really cute pictures of you and Bridger from that day that I will e-mail to you! It was a great day for me too! I love getting out and letting my kids run wild in nature! Thanks for coming along with all of us!

Amanda said...

Lyla Bell is Amy's new baby!

Sarah said...

Your pictures turned out so cute! I love the one of him in the truck bed. That was a fun little adventure.

Hall Family said...

apparently jeff made a comment on your blog under my alias, I guess he got a little bored while he was away. Your pictures of Bridger in leaves look professional. Dont mess with photography as soon as i get my new camera i will master it once and for all, so stick to sewing missy

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

that picture of cute little Bridger in the truck is so dang cute.

Dion Seneca said...

Even us moms with lots of kids had a great afternoon. Sorry about them being bullies with the leave pile.