The other day I was out running and a little girl yelled out to me from the safety of her doorstep..."Hey Lady, Your running in circles!"
How am I supposed to take that? Why did it discourage me? Well, I guess technically she's right. Most of the time I do run in a big circle. The streets in our neighborhood all form a kind of circle that I will run around over and over. But usually if your just running in circles your getting no where right? So I've been thinking a lot about it...Why do I run?
These definitely aren't the reasons why...
- I Don't LOVE to run. Some people get all euphoric and "in the zone" while they are running...rarely happens for me
- I'm slow
- I Hate the sound of my feet slapping on the pavement.
Maybe this is why I run...
- Sometimes it's the only 30 minutes I spend outside my house. When I go with friends, Sometimes it's the only 30 minutes of socializing I get in...Who doesn't need that?
- I LOVE a good sweat!
- When I know I'm going running that evening, I have no problem indulging in a nice mid-day bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup!
- When I run, I'm a better Wife and Mom. I'm more patient and I have more energy.
So After weighing my options, I decided that I Like running. Still not a LOVE thing for me, But the benefits outweigh the bad stuff. So if all my neighbors think I'm literally and figuratively "Running in Circles"?...You can meet at my house at 9pm most nights and try it for yourself!