Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Starting Young




This is how our Dinner routine usually goes ...
When the food is ready and the table set, we put Bridger in his chair and quickly give him something to stuff into his mouth so we don't have to hear him yell for food. (he totally knows when it's time to eat and he's not very patient about it) We pray, Chad gets the things i forgot to put out like the ketchup or some other condiment he can't live without, and finally Chad and I start to eat. When we get to about our second bite, Bridger starts yelling and tries to coax us into giving him something off our plates. We give in and appease him. Third bite, He makes it known that he is not satisfied with whatever it was that we gave him and throws in on the ground. We scramble to give him something else so that we can enjoy OUR food. Mid fourth bite, he's still yelling and throwing so we decide to ignore him and try finish our dinner. I stuff as much food into my mouth as possible and then get Bridger out because his yelling drives me bonkers, and as I wash him up, Chad quickly wipes up the floor because as soon as Bridger is loose from his washing...he goes straight for all the food he had thrown on the floor earlier ("seconds"he was saving for later)
We've just accepted that we won't be able to savor our meals like we use to for a very long time!


Last night as Chad was wiping up the floor like usual, Bridger grabbed a hand towel and started helping out...he pushed the towel all around just like Chad. Then he turned around to strike this pose.
Yep, my little cleaner...Soon I'll have him dusting base boards and cleaning toilets!


13 comments:

Korbi said...

you can send him to my house, I have toilets that need scrubbing. :) Our dinner routine is about the same. I know that feeling of shoving food in your mouth as fast as you can!

Misty said...

I can't believe how much he looks like Chad in those pictures. So funny!

Amanda said...

What a cute little guy! I wish Sophie would clean up after herself or maybe eating would be good!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Well at least your child eats...Kind of..I guess most ends up on the floor but he will give it a chance. I think Boston is on the verge of starvation. The other night, we told him he had to try something new and have a quesidilla. He said, "Mom, spank my bum, I don't like this." He would rather have a spanking than eat something other than chicken nuggets and hot dogs. Aarrrgghhh!

Em said...

Sounds like dinner at our house. You are right you won't have "quiet" dinners for a long time, unless you hire a sitter. So cute with his little towell.

Hall Family said...

those are so cute of Bridger, well ya I have a lot of pictures but no cord to connect my camera to the computer. And you need to put the picture of your prize winning peaches

Sarah said...

That is hilarious! Well, probably not so much for you and Chad while you are eating, but...at least its entertaining to read about. :) And now I know what I have to look forward to in a couple months! Yikes!

Rachael said...

I don't even get to set down any more. You think I would be skinny!!! You look like such a good mommy!!! Being a mom is the greatest thing ever.

Dave & Jada said...

sounds about right. Wait until number 2. Just remember it is just a phase.

Ricki said...

yep! Your life is going to be like this for a long time! Kids are always impatient and think that meal time is just for them! Who cares about the parents getting to eat! It is a good way to cut some calories though! :)

whitney said...

Bridger is so cute! The food on the floor NEVER stops!! It just gets worse and worse until one day you'll wonder how you dont have ants!!

Dave & Jada said...

I love the new layout. It reads better this way.

raw mom said...

love that little kid! cute post, missie! i havent checked in for awhile....i'm sorry! i was feeling a bit better today so hopefully that will last and i can be a bit more on the normal side! lets pray!