Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summertime and the livin's easy



This is my attempt to catch up on what we've been up to this summer...

Work... chad's been helping on the farm, and this is the kind of laundry I am privileged to clean when he's done :)

Play...
bridger uses his trains to associate colors. For example, if it's a blue cup... it's the "Thomas"cup (Thomas the train is blue...as if you didn't know). If he wants a red otter pop, he asks for a "James"one (James is red), And does the same with every train and color. Anyhow...The other day he was playing in his room and I came in and this is what he had set up... Trains matched to Lincoln logs in the same color.
We're working on the proper color names...but I'm not rushing it, It's cute at 2!

Potty training....
I swore i'd never put things like this on my blog...but it was just too funny to pass up!
Chad caught this in the works and hollered at me to grab my camera.
What's he reading?...that would be the battery instructions to a thomas toy he got a few months back. He'll study it forever!
Potty training is complete!....oh happy day

Bowen...
Just as squishy and cute as ever!

Swimming...


Grilling...
Grilled pizza is my favorite thing to cook these days...so delish!


6 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

I swear you guys get the cutest family award. I made grilled pizza the other day and the bottom was BURNED -- we ate it any way. Any tips? (I cook the dough before and then put the toppings on... maybe not enough heat? I need your help Martha!)

Ricki said...

I want to know how to make that yummy pizza! That looks so good! Why didn't we get to see your cute face in this catching up post?!!! We want to see that too! Your boys are so cute! I am impressed with Bridgers color skills! Dax still has no clue on colors! Good thing he starts preschool the end of the month! Miss youE!

lamack said...

Wow! Bridger is a smart kid! And already potty trained? That is impressive. My boys were three. That pizza looks delicious too. I'm impressed!!!

Korbi said...

oh my goodness. look at that sexy farmer man.... I'd go for a roll in the hay if my hubby looked like that when he walked thru the door. I love these 2 weeks every summer where we are on vacation and Stephen grows a beard and works in the yard and digs in dirt. Takes me back to my roots. Love it! And how in heavens name do you grill a pizza on a grill? An outside grill? How does it not fall thru the cracks?!?!

barbara beck said...

i like chad's long hair

barbara beck said...

rachel! I cant believe the kindred spirits of our oldest boys. Ty did the exact thing with matching colors up and calling things by colors of toys he loves... and studying the "map" of things as he all all instructions to anything! Bowen is so cute I cant handle it. By the way happy birthday Bridger I am a terrible Aunt.. forgive me