Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Travels South

We headed South for the weekend. We stayed with Chads Brother Rhett and his Family in Prescott, then we met up with some Friends to hike the Grand Canyon for a day, then we went back to Prescott for Easter. We had a great trip! Here's some of the highlights...

Easter Morning

The Easter Bunny left B's Basket on the weight bench right outside our room...it's a good thing too...He found it right away!

B & Cousin Abby on the way home from church

Easter Morning

Playing with cousins Abby and Dylan


Bridger looking spiffy in his Easter get-up
GRAND CANYON
On Friday, Rhett and Jen watched Bridger and we went to hike the Grand Canyon. It was Amazing! I can't believe I've lived close to it for so long and hadn't hiked it before. We met up with our my best friend since birth, Mandy, and her husband Matt. We hiked down the Kiabab trail and out the Bright Angel trail. That's 17 miles!!! Straight down ...across 5 miles...then straight up.

Our friends from Tempe AZ, Mandy & Matt.

Us being nerds at the bridge over the Colorado River.


Our Lizard friend


Me & Mandy Westover


Finish!!
I still can't believe that we did that!!! The next two days I could barely walk, my calf's were so sore! I looked pretty funny on Easter Sunday trying to wear high heels to my Bro & Sis in laws ward...it's painful just thinking about it!
I Highly recommend hiking the Grand Canyon though...just be sure to train a little if you decide to hike down and out in the same day. Thanks Mandy and Matt for bringing us along..It was so great to see you guys!

11 comments:

raw mom said...

first of all...i miss you so dang much and you live right up the street! second your trip looked like so much fun! third, is it okay that i totally love your little b! well it better be! he is stylin'! and i'm LOVing his hair!! oh and yes i would love to send my crazies to you! and if you do take them i would GLADLY let you have a whiff of this little sugar! i'm telling you, rachel, she is so sweet! and as soon as my boobs calm down, and i find a bra that actaully fits, i'll be coming outside again. until then i'm just hanging out around my house wrapped in a blanket or in andy's HUGE shirts!!! i'm enormous.

King Fam said...

looks like you've been very busy traveling. Glad you're back home safe :)

Em said...

Jett got that same cars towell for Easter. too funny. Glad you had fun. We were in St. George all weekend. Too bad we missed ya!

Heather and Trevor said...

What a fun trip! We need to do something before you head out! When are you leaving? Did you get my message too? Give me a call when you get a chance! :)

Elise said...

I LOVE Bridger's tie!!! He's so cute. Where do you get little bitty ties like that? (You guys look good, too!)

Hall Family said...

bridger looked so handsome in his Easter getup. Glad you had a good safe time in the grand canyon! Don't you like how we comment on eachothers blogs. Its shows support

Cami said...

Wow good for you hiking the big ole canyon. Bridger does look so cute in his easter gear. I am so excited you are moving up this way!!

Richins Family said...

wow rach i'm impressed :)I bet the grand canyon was AMAZING :) your little boy is soo cute! he look so much like chad! you look beautiful as ever! i miss you! i'd love to see you sometime when i come home (considering i'm now in PA) glad all is well for you :)

anne said...

Wow...when did Bridger's hair get SO BLONDE!? I haven't seen you in a while I guess.

Dave & Jada said...

It has been awhile since I have taken a peak at your life. 1st of all, Bridger looks awesome in his Easter outfit. I Love it, and way to go on the hike. I love that kind of stuff, although it has been awhile. I guess living by the beach has made me a little lazy!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Bridger is adorable!!! Looks like fun!