Monday, December 8, 2008

Ugly Sweaters and a Bean Sprout

Story of a bean sprout
Bridger loves to eat Black Beans. He eats them a few times a week in a quesadilla with cheese for lunch or dinner. About a month ago after one such black bean meal...I found a shriveled black bean on my carpet next to my potted plant while I was straightening my family room. I figured that it must have stuck to B's shirt while he was eating and dis-lodged itself from the shirt while he was wandering near my plant some time later. I picked it up and tossed it into the soil of the plant and went on to pick up other toys in the room. (why walk it all the way to the trash can when I could just toss it into the soil where it blended in so nicely anyway right?)
Well...as you can see in the photo, We now have a bean sprout that is about a foot long now! When I first saw it a few days ago, I tried to figure out what it could be and then saw the shriveled back bean casing clinging to one of the little leaves! I guess I do have a green thumb after all!
Warning...these next pictures are a little creepy!
Chad and friends in our ward at the Chamber's "Ugliest sweater party"
Ricki and Tony

(this is probably the best photo chad and I have ever taken together!)
The Chambers threw an awesome "Ugliest Sweater" Christmas Party last week!
We Found these lovely sweaters at the local DI if any of you would like to copy our style! I LOVE that chad is so willing to go all out with me. We didn't just do the ugly sweater...I tried my hardest to get my hair like Kelly's and chad was successful at getting his to look like Zach Morris's from Save by the Bell!
It was a radical party! Great food, great friends, and some really ugly sweaters!!!
Thanks Ricky

17 comments:

Dave & Jada said...

Now you just needed Jesse Spanno and Screach and Lisa(whatever her last name was) Yes, I was a huge fan. Y'all look great.

Unknown said...

I would have worshipped you Kelly and Zack! So awesome. Uh- I totally love the bean sprout thing. That is hilarious!!!

barbara beck said...

So cute! I love it! I just heard on the radio today that ugly sweater parties were the knew thing. Sorry about no info about stitches I forget who I tell what to! Love ya

Unknown said...

Okay you have to help me. Im collecting emails to go private but I dont know how. Also, how can you see who has looked at your blog? I'm slow.

Kent and Heidi said...

You clean like I do! OK so am still laughing about the sweaters! I love the guy in the rainbow striped sweater! And you two seriously fit the Zach and Kelly profile!

lamack said...

Oh my cow, that is too hilarious! How do you guys still look like supermodels when you're dressed like that! You guys are so funny.

KoOie said...

Shwam...I love the sweaters, for our Smith fam party we're doing ugly sweaters too, cant wait!! I'm sad we missed you last time you were here, but lets do Christmas for sure!! I already talked to Natalie, and Holli and Earl are always in. Let me know, Luf you!! :)

Hall Family said...

2 things! First ya'll are kelly and zack, okay 3 things, 2nd you are also a couple on an early 90"s church video, and 3rd the bean sprout is the best ever especially since bridger planted it!

Amanda said...

Wow! That is all I have to say!

Natalie said...

Hey Rachel, could I get your address so I can send you guys a Christmas Card. You can either post it on my blog or email me it at natalie_nielson@hotmail.com. I thought I had your address, but I don't. Thanks!!!!

Westover Bunch said...

I love it!!! I think Chad stole his sweater from the Cosby Show!!!

Kendra said...

Oh you really should not have posted that one. Horrible, but it was funny.

Ricki said...

I was totally loving the side spike on "Zach", he wore it so well! I remember having a boyfriend in junior high that did his hair like that! Thanks for going all out for the party, it is so much more fun when people get into the spirit of the party, and you two had the whole package!!! As for the bean sprout, maybe I should try that kind of gardening since when I really try it just dies!

The McCulloughs said...

I love your sweaters! I was wondering about the hair??? and very glad to hear that you were trying for Saved by the bell! YOu guys look awesome! I was sad that I couldn't come!

Korbi said...

That is so crazy about that bean sprout.... cute sweaters..... I just ordered the Fisher Price Little People Nativity after searching endlessly at all the stores and I am sooo excited to get it!

Em said...

those are great! love them you are hot.

Hall Family said...

Hey just thought I'd let you know how grateful we were that you watched the boys for us. I know that you kind of have to because your my best friend but really thanks. We appreciated it so much and know that they aren't always easy. Its also nice to really be able to relax and not worry about the babysitter....Love you