Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hey Bridger, It's your Birthday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday...

We decided to use Bridger's birthday to have a last minute get-together with some friends at the Dixie College pool. Any excuse for a summer BBQ right? Besides me being tense that one of the kids would drown...it was a great time! We had some good food and enjoyed every ones company! All kids were safe thanks to the watchful eyes of all the moms...(cuz all the dads were busy playing water B-Ball and watching the Dixie Football scrimmage). Thanks for the fun night friends!





Mom...Look what I made! (My mom is the QUEEN of cake decorating...she can pretty much do anything) If Bridger was a girl-I would have made this a unicorn cake...Yes Unicorn...I had a major thing for them when I was little. Ever seen the movie "The Last Unicorn"?...I bet I have it memorized. I really thought they were real creatures...out there in the wild...Anyway, I found the recipe for the cake at-http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50134


Bridger got to eat the ear...He had no idea why everyone was looking at him


"Haven't you guys ever seen a baby eat cake before???"



Bridger and Chris being mischievous









Here are a few more of Bridger's little buddies that were able to come...

tan little Boston,



squishy Avery,


and the

always funny Drake!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Rach the cake is so cute! Great job!!!

Korbi said...

great job on the cake you little domestic diva you! I have the Last Unicorn, I watch it like3 days ago, I probably watch it 3-4 times/month. They have it at Wal-Mart right now for $9, but I bought mine on Ebay like 3 years ago... Happy Birthday to the little man!

Em said...

That cake is so cute. Good job. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was you and unicorns, that is so funny you said that. Happy Birthday Bridger, my birthday buddy. Hope your day was great!

raw mom said...

sorry we couldnt get there! we have had a nasty cold for a few too many days now...looks like it was fun!

Hall Family said...

So cute! I love those pictures but a video woulda been sweet! Your friend is so stupid for forgetting.

Misty said...

The cake is awesome. Another great unicorn movie is Legend. If you haven't seen it, you totally should.

Cami said...

Fun!! Looks like a great party! My mom and sis made a horse cake exactly like that for my nephews bday, but i do have to say yours looks really good!!

Cami said...

Fun!! Looks like a great party! My mom and sis made a horse cake exactly like that for my nephews bday, but i do have to say yours looks really good!!

Veronica said...

love the cake! great job on it! I could never make something like that...i am so not creative...well except when it comes to photography...