Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dresser Makeover

Bridger's old furniture has been officially donated to the new baby's room. He was kicked out of his crib last week (I know..a little old to still have been in a crib, but he liked it) and the rocking chair and the bookshelf that I use to use to hold his clothes in baskets were moved out too. He was in desperate need of his own things and I was desperate to find a purpose for the old dresser and night stand sitting in my garage.
So, I found this lovely site through a friends blog and it inspired me to paint the furniture Yellow!
Here's the end result...the Before photos are below


I didn't want to use this furniture in Bridger's room because I think the curves make it look feminine, but in the end my thriftiness won... "Make it do, or Do without"...right?...So here we have it, a yellow dresser and night stand. I have plans to make it work with the room decor someday!

Here is the Before photo...This was actually my Dad's old dresser when he was younger, then My sister and I used it in high school, so I'm happy that it has a purpose again!




10 comments:

Liberti said...

IT LOOKS AWESOME!

Amanda said...

Love it! I think it looks great!

Hall Family said...

It looks good, I like it. But honestly I thought it looked good before. That's the difference between us. You have an eye for something cool and I'm like. eh it works... But it is an improvement. Have you checked out Korbi's blog when she changed EVERYTHING in her house? Go look it's pretty amazing. You word verification is telling me to type in the word fieses... sounds like the word for poop!

Tawni & Dan said...

Super cute! Love it. I want to see more pictures of your new house! Hope ya'll are doing great. When are you due?

Westover Bunch said...

I would have never guessed that was your old dresser, it look sooo good!! Way to go, I love painting furniture!!

AJ Johnson: A Family Co said...

You did such a good job!!! Did you use spray paint or can? Roller or brush? Did you sand first? Prime? Seal? I am curious... I've been reading a lot of blogs on re-painting furniture and am fascinated. I'm proud you had the courage to go for it. Makes me super nervous it'll look horrible. But I love the look of it and thriftyness of course. Plus I second wanting to see more pictures of your house, especially nursery.

danielandjamaica said...

HI Rach. Good to see you are back on here again! Dresser looks awesome.
Let me know if you wanna come down for the ST. George Ironman! Might as well volunteer and get free shirt! :)
You need to post pics of your NEW HOUSE! That's awesome!
Do you think your ties would fit my Michael? I think F would match the girls dresses pretty good. Let me know. Miss ya.

Natalie said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that my friend loves your ties...and she actually posted about your business today on her blog durtschi.blogspot.com...and is doing a giveaway. I was so proud to tell her that you're my cousin! :) Hope your pregnancy is going well!

P.S. The dresser looks great! :)

Raquel said...

Good work, it looks great! It was so fun seeing you last week! You look so cute pregnant!

Korbi said...

your dresser and nightstand look awesome! Seriously! Way to go All things Thrifty lover!!!